Thursday 4 November 2010

"dona nobis pacem"



what is peace?

peace is as elusive as faith.

where will we find peace ... in an absence of anger?

perhaps if we ...

decline the opportunity to feel righteous rage,

allow ourselves to experience gratitude without boundaries.

find the time and desire to reach out, extend a helping hand,
offer our strength, our focus, ourselves.

fall in love with our earth in all her many forms and her
completeness.

realize that we are no better nor worse, no more
talented or useful than a single grain of sand or blade of
grass.

repudiate our selfish sense of superiority.

understand that we are nothing more than an equal part of the
whole.

respect the comforts and needs of others. protect the weak.
shelter the young and the elderly.

learn to listen rather than be heard.

practice love without ego.

find the wisdom to understand that i am nothing if i am not
everything.

remember that an enemy is only another aspect of the light
within us. refuse to see the darkness, search instead for
the goodness, the loving, pure life energy.

peace may be an impossible dream.

there is no more worthy quest.

3 comments:

Annelisa said...

Wow, I was looking for this year's peace posts, and found last years! I can't believe you had no visitors...(I bet you didn't sign the Mr Linky!! :-D )

Well, I am honoured that I have found and read your poem... I like the line understand that we are nothing more than an equal part of the
whole.


[Better late than never...a link to your post will soon be on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite']

Mimi Lenox said...

Unbelievable post. Beauiful words.
I am sorry I missed this last year. I have added your post to the list of peace bloggers and to the Mr. Linky on my blog.

Peace to you and yours,
Mimi

reeflightning said...

thank you ladies :-)