Sunday 30 March 2008

please carry my book ...

last sunday, a funny thing happened on the way to the church...
first off... i am not a church goer. i was...once upon a time but that is a whole other story.
however, my beautiful boy A, he is a dedicated church goer, a firm believer. a stand up and be counted christian.
and so...occasionally i will attend a church service... if my boy is reading, or preaching, or playing his base guitar. easter sunday, the village kerk congregation were to meet at the harbour and walk (with someone carrying a cross) through the village to the church. sounded like a happening sort of ceremony...provided the rain stayed away!
so about thirty people met up that sunday, the wind was cold but the rain was absent. As my boy was helping to organize things, he handed his bible to M to carry. M in her turn turned to me and asked if i would carry her bible...her actual words being...
"here you go mom, won't you please carry my bible, you can pretend to be a christian for the day!"
now i am very fond of my d-i-l, a lovely girl, she and i get on like a house on fire. i found this quiet comment hilarious.
so...it appears...did everyone else!
by the time SL and i had our weekly lunch together on wednesday...she told me who had repeated and regaled her with the story:-)
so now...
my beliefs and i are outed in the village...

No comments: