Thursday 13 September 2007

finding my centre

i hasten to grieve, to mourn
to kneel before the open grave
of less than, now lost forever
i await the pain, the gasping breath
the run river tears of yesterday
where now the wretched, clenching pain
the empty echo of a heart removed
i probe with fingers of the mind
to find the anger and the pain
the hurt of rejection in finality
i search, i seek, i do not find
the tears and sorrow of love lost
long seeped away in futile wishing
pain and anger exhausted from before
the dream long turned to dust
now i survive and seek my centre
my peace in a material world
no more the weary weight of less than
to rest on shoulders ill equiped
i breathe, breathe deep and full
remembering again to love myself
i am still me, no longer lost
in my lover's dream, free now to soar
above, beyond, to search, to seek
to find the other, the other unafraid
the knowing who will heal my wolf

All materials Copyright © 2004-2007 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments: