Tuesday 25 November 2008

they are they

Photobucket

would I trade my life
exchange my journey with another
erase certain memories
to live without the pain of recall
is reality reason enough
to pursue the sands of time

for I have consumed my life
breathed it deep and felt content
the pain of loss has seared my soul
and burrowed deep within my mind
yet still I treasure
each and every step through time

at times my way winds slow and easy
gentle as a sleeping babe’s breath
then the swift rushing wind of change
new fear and new experience
pressure heavy at my back
time to learn a new tomorrow

through all of time and journey
love rides apace
my fated soul companions
hearts and minds aligned in friendship
from near and far, from now and then
my searching eyes seek

and I find such gentle comfort
in eyes that care and arms which hold
hearts and minds who love for no reason
except that they are they and I am me
experiencing life together, through laughter and tears
in these sweet souls I see the face of god

All materials Copyright © 2004-2008 by Eryll Oellermann

2 comments:

Margo Moon said...

Wise woman, you are, to name the benefit of not only new experience, but of new fear.

As always, wonderful wordsmithing.

And that photo!

reeflightning said...

howzit pardner?
i agree, beautiful horses, stunning photography!