Wednesday 29 October 2008

time enough




what is it with this time changing? yeah, yeah ... i grok it had something to do with the war. but, hell's teeth man the war was a really long time ago!

i have resided in the uk for nigh on five years now and i still don't 'get it'. back home we don't mess around with time!

sunday i changed all my clocks. i am the proud owner (thank you a and m) of a wall clock which receives signals from the atomic clock. this saves me the ultimate stress of having to work out whether we are going forwards or backwards in time.

did i say i changed all my clocks? whoops ... missed one! the clock on my mobile ...
that would be the one i use as an alarm on the rare occasion of an occasion which requires me to be up and at 'em at a prearranged time.

like today!

i wanted to wake up at five in order to sort myself out and pack the last few items for my trip. the daughter in law is fetching me at nine to take me through to saltcoats.

'nough said ...
so i woke at four this morning. no big deal ... hah!

2 comments:

m.m.sugar said...

Waiting for you darling. Hope I do not have to greet you with snow, though, I know you would just love that!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I change mine this weekend and am looking forward to the extra hour's sleep.